Thursday, May 12, 2011

Why I was annoyed PT4 (or whatever part im at): The Rejection letter from BU

If you are new to my blog you might not be familiar with the "Why I was annoyed" segment of my blog. In this segment I pretty much post up rejection letters I get and break them down the way only I can. I can take rejection, its no big deal, I just hate all the extra BS they throw on top of it. If a rejection letter was honest it would simply say, "Sorry you didn’t make it", and I would appreciate that. What I don’t appreciate is the extra BS that’s added with it. So today I am going to post a letter I got today from BU. I tried to transfer over there for next semester, and well I guess they didn’t want me. Its all good, I’m not tearing myself up about it. I was planning to stay at the school I was at for one more semester anyway. Not to mention (I’m not trying to toot my own horn), but I might be better than half of the applicants anyway. Two-time Dean's List and a 4.0 GPA in my Freshman year proves it, but I’m not here to brag, so without wasting anymore of your time here is the letter: 


Dear Mr. Lilly:
Your application for admission to Boston University has received the careful consideration of the Board of Admissions. We appreciate your interest in Boston University, but I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.(The letter could of stopped right here. I didn't get in, ok, now here comes the BS to make me feel better) An unfavorable decision is never easily reached. Please know that we recognize your strong commitment to your studies as well as the tremendous amount of time and effort that went into the preparation of your application.(This is a part for kids who are weak to make them feel a little better that they didn't get in. Its like stabbing you and then proceeding to offer you a bandaid. If they really "recognized my strong commitment to my studies" and stuff they would of simply Let me in, but they didn't)
This year Boston University received more than TBD transfer applications for approximately 250 seats in our incoming class. This was a highly competitive applicant pool and unfortunately many very qualified students are receiving disappointing news. (IDGAF...So they tell me I didn't get in, and now tell me about the applicant pool. I DONT CARE. This is just another attempt to make people feel better. They're trying to say "sorry you didn't get in, but there were a lot of talented applicants, so don't feel bad"...I meanwhile could careless. Im not gonna read the letter like "aww mann i didnt get in, but ohhh the applicant pool was bigger this year"...)
Thank you for applying to Boston University. I wish you the best of luck in your future academic endeavors. (Blah Blah Blah)
Sincerely,
Kelly A. Walter
Assistant Vice President &
  Executive Director of Admissions
(So heres the letter. You enjoy it. Im not gonna tear myself up about this decision, because I planned for the worse. Besides God must want me to stay where Im at for the moment. Everything happens for a reason. Besides if I stay at the school Im at, I have 3 jobs right off the gate, and its cheaper.Its their loss.Its like teams that passed over Jordan in the draft, there gonna realize what they passed on sooner or later. So that concludes my "Why I was annoyed Part 4".)

No comments:

Post a Comment